Monday, April 25, 2005

I love RedBull

The company I work for has lots of offices in Chicago, IL. I live in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota. It's a long commute. All joking aside, every month, I make the long drive down I-94 (about 400 miles) so I can work from the mothership in Chicago. I don't mind the drive, I have Audible.com and an iPod Mini that's crammed full of Audiobooks, so I just soak in some books and drive.

Well, the drive is quite boring, and I tend to get sleepy. So I stopped in some no-name exit off of I-94 in Wisconsin (there are many no-name exits off of I-94 in Wisconsin). I fueled up and grabbed a Diet RedBull (the regular is WAY too sweet and sugary for me). That was around 3:30 or 4PM. RedBull really helps keep me awake and attentive during the drive. My only problem is that I'm still awake. It's about 1:40AM right now. This sucks. My alarm goes off at 5AM. Tomorrow is going to be a FUN day if I've only gotten 3 hours of sleep.

Anyone else have this type of problem? Any cures? I need to be attentive during the drive, but I wish there was a switch I could turn off around 11PM so I could get SOME sleep. Then again it makes for some interesting posts on my blog... :)